Get the best new Thrillers of 2015!
Sandbags are like LEGOS – what you can build is only limited by your imagination. And since you aren’t going to have a TV, and the internet to support your MMO habbit you are going to need to find some new hobbies. And I have one that will only only allow you to express your creative side, but will also save your rear end. And it is all in a simple six step plan.
- Every payday from now until the zombies start shambling about buy a few packs of Sandbags . (You are going to want to have a lot of Sandbags on hand.)
- Survive the immediate craziness around the end of the world.
- Sweet, if you made it to step three you’re a survivor. Now lets keep it that way. You can’t survive long term by just hiding in your bolt hole. So you need to start to make sure you have long term survival in mind. Find yourself a nice patch of earth and start filling up Sandbags. Yeah, I know, your filling them with dirt. You use what you have sometimes. Now create a sandbag wall in front of your house, right where the driveway ends. The goal for this wall is to keep other survivors from driving up your driveway and creating a garage of your living room.
- Okay, you’ve created a nice fortification to protect your bolt hole from traffic. Now you need to start to lie sandbags down around your front door. Most exterior doors open outward. You need to make sure that you control that opening. Box off your entry with a nice fortification with a knee wall on the interior side. This will let you stand up and shoot over the wall easily while also letting you climb out.
- Unless you purpose built your bolt hole for zombie survival you have windows. Time to cover them up with a nice think layer of sandbags Start on the ground and work your way up to the window. Don’t just do one layer. The goal here is that you have enough weight from the bags to keep a horde from pushing through the window. So that means having a lot of mass there. So unless you have really deep window wells like below, you are going to be doing a lot of stacking.
- Step six is the eternal step. Eventually a horde is going to sweep through your land. Its inevitable for 99% of us. The zombies will eat through the cities and then roam looking for more meat. You’re meat. So start filling and stacking bags. You can use that original “driveway blocker” wall as your beginning. See if you can get it all the way around your bolt hole.
And Sandbags are also a great social behavior modifier. Someone drink too much and you need to punish them while also helping the overall good. Twenty bags filled and stacked. It will keep everyone honest. No one wants to tattle on who ate the extra bowl of rice if it means a whipping. But people will turn in their friends and family if they know the punishment is work that could save everyone. It won’t seem quite so punitive. Social engineering mixed right in with structural engineering.
He’s wearing hearing protction and clearly had some idea of what the outcome would be, so I was thinking of calling it “Silly Guns” but it didn’t have quite the ring of “Dumb Guns”.
Someone I cared about once told me I had an “Overly Developed Sense Of Vengeance” and this little statement really appealed to me
What I love about this Tomahawk is its strength and lightness. You can swing this thing all day long and not get tired. And the spike on the opposite side of the blade is excellent for penetrating skulls to kill the undead. And with a little bit of practice you can make this thing fly.
So keep a few on hand for those times you need to kill quick and quiet but don’t necessarily want to have to go retrieve your thrown Tomahawk once the deed is done.
To prepare for Tomahawk fighting you need to go rent The Last of the Mohicans, it has some amazing Tomahawk fighting scenes. And showing your friends and some of your potential enemies just how dangerous you are with one of these weapons will make them think twice about crossing you.
With a little more practice this girl will be knocking down zombies none stop.
Clearly she is on My Team.
I can only imagine they had the end of the gun plugged before they tried to fire the next round?
These Kevlar Sleeves are going to save your life. How really depends on you.
Some of you are going to be reaching into a car to grab a can of peaches when a zombie toddler leaps from the foot well and grabs your forearm and latch on. If your not wearing a pair of Kevlar Sleeves your going to have a bad day. The first thing your friends are going to do is to hold you down while they take your arm off at the elbow with a machete. Then they are going to use a Combat Tourniquet (Day 29) to keep you from bleeding to death while they use a set of Cuffs (Day 62) to secure you to a radiator while they wait to see if you turn. If you’re lucky you get to live but can never carry a case of beer again. Cut of course you could have saved yourself all the trouble if you’d been wearing a set of Kevlar Sleeves which would have kept you from getting infected in the first place.
The second scenario is the survivor knife fight. You meet a good looking fellow on the road who shows just a bit too much interest in your little sister. To defend her honor you tell the newcomer to take a hike, but instead he whips out his belt knife and tries to cut your face off. Wearing a pair of Kevlar Sleeves is going to give you that extra moment you need to defend yourself. And your attacker is not going to have any idea who you can take a slash to your arm without feeling any pain.
I can’t tell you how angry this makes me. Once again we have a young individual being handed a 12G without a stock and any halfway knowledgeable gun owner could have told you what the outcome would be.
Will this person want to shoot again? Will they support responsible gun ownership? How does this help anyone?
Come on, be smart and start people out with weapons they can handle. Make their first shooting experience enjoyable so they will come back and do it again.
Who do all all the Hottest Zombies have those crazy eyes that say “I want to eat your face?”
Why can’t I just meat a hot single zombie who loves me for more than my brains?