The Other Side starts with knives. People are throwing them and sharpening them. War is coming and Maggie is trying to get Hilltop Prepared
While Maggie works to get Hilltop ready Sasha is working on her plan to kill Negan. Jesus catches her procuring bullet sand tries to talk her out of it but Sasha won’t budge, and says neither will Rosita. Jesus offers to go with them but Sasha doesn’t want to hear it – Jesus will be needed for the fight that will come after.
Then the Saviors show up, which forces Maggie & Daryl to hide. The Saviors stride right into the mayors house. The Saviors have come for someone specific. The question is do they know that Daryl is there or are they after Maggie?
While Maggie & Daryl are hiding Sasha and Rosita escape through a tunnel to start their hunting trip.
As the Saviors are searching Hilltop Enid tries to distract one of the men who is searching only to be rebuffed and have her knife stolen. The Savior goes down into the basement and begins to rummage through supplies.
Which is when we learn who the Saviors came for. The doctor. Because Negan killed their own doctor, and he makes that perfectly clear to their new replacement MD. The saviors give Gregory (The Mayor) a box full of something in return for the Doc, but I couldn’t tell what was in the crate.
Which is also when we see Daryl almost kill the Savior in the basement. He wanted to, but Maggie stops him. The silent moment after Maggie confronts Daryl. Daryl shows his guilt and Maggie tells him it wasn’t his fault, that Daryl is one of the good things in the world.
After the Saviors leave Hilltop we go back to Sasha & Rosita. They have found a fenced in area with a few zombies.
They use a small car fire to distract the undead before climbing in and taking a car.
Once Sasha and Rosita are in position they see Eugene, but no Negan. This leads to a nice moment between Sasha & Rosita as Rosita tells Sasha that she paired up with multiple preppers and survivalists, and while they thought they were protecting her, she was learning everything they knew how to do – until she met Abraham – who wanted her to join them because he could tell she knew how to handle herself.
After the Doc from Hilltop shows up at Negan’s compound the man himself does come out for a little while, but Sasha never gets a clear shot – which means its time to go in and get closer. Sasha and Rosita think they are helping Eugene when they kill the Savior next to him – but he doesn’t want to go with them. He “didn’t ask them to come”. Sasha then locks Rosita out and pulls a Leroy Jenkins into Negan’s compound.
Back at Hilltop The Mayor feels emboldened by Dennis’s promise of support if anyone needs to be beaten down and tells Jesus that he should be careful.
In the end we are left with two cliffhangers.
- Is Sasha dead after she rushes the compound?
- Is it Daryl who finds Rosita as she’s running away? It looks like his crossbow, but who knows?
Things I loved about this episode…
- Enid throwing her knife for the bulls eye hit on the log.
- Maggie telling Daryl he’s one of the good things in the world. (I think this is when I go something in my eye and it may have looked like I teared up – but it was really just dust or something in my eye.)
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Gregory kind of hinting that he might not have good control over Hilltop to Denis from the Saviors. Really? I would think that would make him seem weak in their eyes, and maybe a liability?
- Sasha puts her rifle out the window when they are overlooking Negan’s compound. Come on, you could be seen!!!
- Eugene really has turned. He’s one of Negan’s men now.
- That I realized the Girl who leads the Trash People is the crazy Evil Chick from Hap & Lenard.
- We get to see Maggies baby!! (I think this is the first time?)