So after watching the first episode and blogging about it I caught some crap about how it was just a Twilight clone. This ticked me off for a few reasons. First of all, I actually enjoyed the Twilight books. I used to travel quite a bit, and they were great because they would actually last a few flights, and as much as they were criticized for being written for tweens I think the sales of the books and the popularity of the movies speaks for themselves. There is something about true love, and our attempts to make it work against all odds that people just respond too.
So, now that I gushed about Twilight, back to Teen Wolf. The central plot for Teen Wolf isn’t his fight to capture and hold onto Allison, its about his fight to hold onto his humanity and deal with his introduction into becoming a werewolf.
Taken at a more basic level, teen wolf is more graphic, violent, and blatantly sexual. Comparing the two series is like comparing apples and oranges.
In episode two Scott fights to deal with his anger, afraid he’s going to turn during the lacrosse game. He wants to back out, but his coach is a complete tool, telling him he’s off the first string unless he plays. (Coach Finstock is another great casting decision – he’s the guy you love to hate.)
Things I loved about this episode…
- Lydia being a princess. She reminds me of the girl who wouldn’t even talk to me in highschool. I don’t know why I like it, but she plays the part so well.
- They are way to eager to dig up a body.
- The lacrosse scenes, especially when he’s almost turned. The way her voice brings him back just in time to shoot, I loved it.
- Their reaction when they dig up the body.
- The kiss in the bathroom at the end.
Things that bothered me about this episode…
- The morgue is not that easy to get into.
- They are way to eager to dig up a body. (Yep, its on both)
The second episode doesn’t dissapoint. Looking forward to watching the third.
Favorite Quote from Episode 2:
Stiles – “Haven’t you ever seen the wolfman? Lon Chaney Jr., Claude Rains, the original classic werewolf movie – you are so unprepared for this.”