Episode 5, Chupacabra
The episode starts with a flashback to the early days of the infection. Shane and Lori and some of the others are there as the military tries to contain the infection, firebombing the city on the horizon.
The flash back to the future was a bit of a switch. I wasn’t actually sure if it was the past or current time. I guess it was the way the director wanted it.
Shane and Rick get into a fight over whether they should still be looking for Sophia and Daryl find himself in some real trouble.
Shane thinks that in hard times you have to be hard, which I do understand on one level, but how far do you take it? If all you do is take care of yourself your tight little group of survivors will turn on itself.
Things I loved about this episode…
- The military using napalm on the city. It is what would really happen.
- Maggie’s ass in jeans in the opening scenes and her condom math. “We still have eleven condoms left.” – “I don’t know if I can afford to lose eleven minutes of my life.” Slap!!!
- The only arrow I’ve got is sticking in my back. Hope I don’t run across anything too nasty. Such a creepy thought.
- The fact that I will be pissed if Daryl bites it. I hated him in Season 1, but now he is my favorite character.
- Ghost Yoda Merl coming back to kick his brother in the ass. Well, I liked seeing him, but his message sucked, then Merl turned into a Walker trying to eat Daryl’s foot through his boot.
- Yep, I knew it was coming, have to pull that bolt free and use it.
- So the big question is, will Daryl now be gunning for Rick after hearing Merle’s message.
- Yum, I love raw squirrel.
- Merle – “Don’t feed the birds.” But is it another walker?
- Glen talking about cycles lining up. He’s such a noob. I love how good old Uncle Dale talks to him.
- It’s a walker. Oh wait, its just Daryl. I think. DON’T SHOOT HIM Andrea!!! What a dumb b*tch. That better not be the end. Oh, thank God he’s just grazed.
- Glen – “What the hell happened? He’s wearing ears.”
- Dale – “Don’t be so hard on yourself, we’ve all wanted to shoot Daryl.”
- Maggie – “Tonight – Where?” (And her dad see’s Glen pass the note, priceless.)
- I really liked when Carol told Daryl he’s a good person.
- Holy crap, do they have Sophia in the hay loft? Something is definetly up in the hayloft. Oh crap, its a zombie hotel. But why? And how would everyone else not smell that or notice the fingers trying to push open the doors? Plus, those doors look mighty wobly. Oh, and guess what, next episode they get out.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Once again, no one goes out on their own in the Apocalypse. Daryl, your a tough motherf*cker, but you don’t go out on your own.
- Lori is pregnant. It better be Rick’s.
- Is it really wise to put infected undead parts on a necklace around your face?
- Why does the old man at the house want them gone so bad? You’d think that having more people to secure the property and help scavenge would be a good thing.