Episode 8, Triggerfinger
First of all, I didn’t get to see this episode for two days because of a bad hot dog and a child projectile vomiting everywhere. But now I’m sitting on my couch enjoying it. Yay.
Lori has flipped her car and has a walker just outside the glass. Hershe, Rick, and Glen are in the bar, and its gotten dark. FOOLS. And the men Rick killed appear to have some friends who have come looking for them.
The episode ends with a powerful message from Lori as she tells Rick that Shane is losing it and has to be stopped. I hope the look in Rick’s eyes is murder.
Things I loved about this episode…
- The walker pushing through the glass to get to Lori. Gross but awesome. And Lori had a gun. I wouldn’t go anywhere without a gun, a machete, or a baseball bat.
- Bar shootout. What could be better.
- Shane lying to Lori that Rick and the others are back at the house safely. He’s such a bastard. But at least he’s consistent.
- The interplay between Carol and Daryl as Daryl tries to seperate himself emotionally and physically from the group. She’s fighting to keep him part of the group but he tears into her. Evil, but realistic.
- Rick makes it home!!!
- Andrea is hot.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Why is Daryl outside by himself. Basic rule of survival, stay in pairs, don’t let anyone be alone.
- Oh crap, I thought Glen was hit.
- The morality of cutting off the guys leg. I’m sorry, there are walkers behind you and around you. It would be kinder to just shoot the guy in the head and be down with it. You have family and friends to live for. Either shoot the guy or leave him.
- I hate when Shane tells Lori he loves her.
- The sick girl in the bed freaks me out. Am I the only one who thinks she’s going to start eating people?
- Why does Glen push Maggie away? It felt like needless drama. He froze because something in life mattered. He could have used that to fight harder and stronger. Blaming Maggie was just a pussy move.
- Rick takes the “Shane thinks the babies his,” comment just a bit too well. Any real man would be flipped out if his wife told him that some other dude thought they were destined to be together. Rick, kick Shane out or kill him.