Episode 9, 18 Miles Out
The episode starts off with a horde of walkers hunting down Rick, Shane, and a few others, then jumps to Rick and Shane talking, 18 miles out on the road, playing backwards, telling how Rick and Shane end up in such trouble.
Things I loved about this episode…
- I really don’t like Shane, but I did feel like his speech to Rick was real.
- The walker in the distance as Shane and Rick are driving along teh road. It was very creepy.
- Lori telling Maggie that Glen will just have to Man Up.
- The fight between Shane adn Rick. I was holding my breath the whole time.
- Andrea is such a bitch sometimes. Telling Lori she was wrong to take the knife away from Maggie’s suicidal sister.
- Rick’s through the mouth headshot headshot.
- Rick leaving Shane behind. I just wished he hadn’t come back fo rhim.
- Zombie kill of the week – driving over the zombie’s head as they escape.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Come on Rick – he was shagging your wife. You really want to make friends with Shane?
- “We have to use our knives more.” – Rick I would have said we have to use our baseball bats more.
- Who drives a hyundai in the undead apacalpyse.
- I don’t think you can put a knife through a skull as easily as Rick does. Beat the thing to death with the bolt cutters for gods sake.
- Why would Shane go in the bus to look around? Its small, confined. I know nothing was in it, but it just makes no sense.
- Maggie’s sister trying to talk her into suicide. It was just creepy and sad.
- Rick telling Shane he’ll have to kill him if he wants to kill the boy. How many chances is Rick going to give Shane? I get that Shane adds some strength and combat knowledge, but what is the negative cost of his craziness?