I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I took the first sip of Stillhouse Black Bourbon. My expectations weren’t that high, as I only paid $22, so on top of being a very drinkable bourbon, it is quite affordable.
So how drinkable was it?
Stillhouse Black Bourbon is “mellowed in coffee beans” and while I was struggling to name the flavor on the back of my tongue, once I read how they produced Stillhouse, the coffee flavor clicked in my head.
I thoroughly enjoyed Stillhouse Black Bourbon and it will be a new “standard” on my whiskey shelf. It earned every point of its 73/100.
- Just the right amount of astringency that turns smooth after a few sips.
- Pleasant mix of coffee and caramel.
- Packaged in a metal tin, which makes it perfect for camping and hiking as well as parties where you don’t want to take a glass bottle.
- Great bang for the buck when it comes to value.
- Some drinkers may not like that opening astringency. I think this bourbon will appeal to more advanced bourbon drinkers versus newcomers.
- It is packaged in a squarish metal case, while being awesome, also means its hard to tell when you are almost out of Stillhouse.