I learned my lesson a long time ago about having Tire Chains in your vehicle when you are going out into the snow. I was fifteen or sixteen and we were heading into the Delaware Water Gap to hike with my Boy Scout Troop and we ended up parking the truck off in the woods, not exactly where we wanted to, but where we lost traction in about a foot of snow.
It snowed all weekend, and we ended up spending all day on Sunday getting that truck back to the trail.
I would have killed for a set of Tire Chains, but I was a kid and didn’t even know they existed back then, but the memory has always stuck with me, and now I keep a set of Tire Chains in my vehicle all winter long. (To be honest, they are always there because I pretty much forget about them until I need them.)
When it comes to going way off the main road, don’t do it without a set of
Tire Chains in your vehicle. When it comes to travelling in a winter storm or just making it to your cabin in the snow, plan ahead.
When it comes to the zombie apocalypse, just remember there aren’t going to be many plows out there clearing the way for you, so it is all up to you to plan ahead and survive.
- Easy to Install
- A split outside cable with two fastening positions allows for easy installation without moving the vehicle, so there’s no need to stop and retighten. The traction coils are manufactured from alloy steel to increase the lifespan of the product. The Super Z6 is also designed to prevent scratching of alloy or high performance tire rims
- The Super Z6 is available to fit passenger cars, pickups, and SUV tire sizes. It offers a unique combination of performance and convenience features for every user, including a “designed-in” rubber tightener, better all-around traction performance than conventional tire chains or cables, and greater durability.
- Designed for High Performance
- The Super Z6 has better compatibility with anti-lock brakes, traction control, all-wheel drive, and other electronically monitored control systems so as not to interfere with the normal handling characteristics of your vehicle. The unique design also offers a low potential for damage to vehicle body and mechanical components, even when abused.
- What’s in the Box
- Chains, plastic gloves, one pair of rubber tensioners, durable, re-usable nylon bag, and clear, illustrated step-by-step installation and removal instructions.
|Day||Survival Gear||Category||Estimated Cost|
|Survival Day 21||Tire Chains||Tools||$100
Total = $2700
|Survival Day 20||Emergency 3600 Calorie Food Bars||Survival Food||$10 X 8 = $80
Total = $2600
|Survival Day 19||Winter Camo Bib Overall||Survival Clothing||$60 X 2 = $120
Total = $2520
|Survival Day 18||Bulk Toilette Paper||Basic Supplies||$50 X 4 = $200
Total = $2400
|Survival Day 17||CRKT Provoke Kinematic Knife||Weapons||$200
Total = $2200
|Survival Day 16||Personal 130 dB Emergency Protection Alarms||Security||$20 X 5 = $100
Total = $2000
|Survival Day 15||Solar Charger 25000mAh With 4 Solar Panels||Technology||$50 X 2 = $100
Total = $1900
|Survival Day 14||Vehicle Snow Shovel||Tools||$25 X 4 = $100
Total = $1800
|Survival Day 13||Nature's First Sea Salt Bucket||Survival Food||$50 X 4 = $200
Total = $1700
|Survival Day 12||Travel/Camping Utensils||Basic Supplies||$15 X 2 = $30
Total = $1500
|Survival Day 11||Carhartt Men's Cold Weather Socks||Survival Clothing||$20 X 5 = $100
Total = $1470
|Survival Day 10||OUTDOOR EDGE ParaClaw Paracord Survival Bracelet||Weapons||$20 X 2 = $40
Total = $1370
|Survival Day 9||Drop Bar Door Brackets||Security||$40 X 10 = $400
Total = $1330
|Survival Day 8||Kaito KA500 Crank Emergency Radio||Technology||$50 X 2 = $100
Total = $930
|Survival Day 7||Mechanics Tool Set||Tools||$70 X 2 = $140
Total = $830
|Survival Day 6||30-Day Emergency Food Pails||Survival Food||$90 X 4 = $360
Total = $790
|Survival Day 5||Trooper Ear Flap Bomber Hat||Survival Clothing||$15 X 2 = $30
Total = $430
|Survival Day 4||Bumper Dumper||Basic Supplies||$120 X 1 = $120
Total = $400
|Survival Day 3||Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B 9in High Carbon S.S. Fixed Blade Knife||Weapons||$20 X 4 = $80
Total = $280
|Survival Day 2||RUGCEL WINCH 4.8T Heavy Duty Recovery Winch Snatch Blocks||Tools||$25 X 4 = $100
Total = $200
|Survival Day 1||Spyderco Tenacious Plain Edge Folding Knife||Basic Supplies||$50 X 2 = $100
Total = $100