Tullamore Dew is always a safe bet. If I’m not sure what I want, I now a bit of Tullamore Dew, regardless of the type will be good straight up or over the rocks, and since I’m on a journey to try every whiskey that Tullamore offers, I picked up this Tullamore Dew Rum Cask Finish Irish Whiskey when I saw it.
So far this is my Tullamore Collection:
The color of this Tullamore Dew Rum Cask Finish is a deep straw color.
The nose is sweet with a bit of ethanol. It is nice, but not overly complex.
The mouth feel is fresh and clean and the flavor really changes as it moves over the tongue. The front of the tongue is all sweet vanilla that transitions into very soft butter cookies on the mid tongue and then fishes with oak and rum. The finish is really where the time in the rum casks really shines.
This Tullamore Dew Rum Cask Finish really shines as a smooth, affordable sipper. This is a very Sip Worthy offering and scored a 72/100. It is not overly complex, but it is very tasty, and worth the $30 to $35 that I’ve found it at.
- Affordable when found near the $33 mark.
- Lovely sweet vanilla on the opening and finishes with oaky rum.
- You can’t go wrong with Tullamore.
- The first sip has a little roughness that rapidly goes away.
- If you are a purest and don’t like ice or a touch of water you won’t be able to appreciate this whiskey as much.