This Mojave Hydration Backpack is key to survival. You can survive for weeks, even months without food. Try going three days without water and you end up dead or in the intensive care unit.
I’ve been on multiple hikes in the blazing heat were we come across someone who wasn’t prepared. I’m not saying I saved their lives, but I certainly helped some people avoid heat stroke and made sure they were hydrated before sending them back to their camp or cars. Being out in the heat without a good supply of Hydration is just asking for trouble.
When a natural disaster or the Zombie Apocalypse strikes, I have a good distance to cover to get to my Bolt Hole. That means I’m going to have to march, and doing that without Hydration might just leave me unable to deal with whatever emergencies come up along the way. There are parts of that hike where I won’t be able to avoid exposure to people, but for long stretches it is woods or mountainous, and I don’t plan on running out of water on the way.
Mojave Hydration Backpack Scoring
I don’t go out hiking, hunting, or camping without my Mojave Hydration Backpack. Dehydration impacts your ability to react and in a survival situation, that can mean a slow or quick death. A quick one if your reaction times are slower than whatever is coming at you. A slow one if you die of actual dehydration. In either case, I want to avoid both.
- The easiest and most convenient way to stay thirst free.
- Reflectors on the small backpack offer maximum safety in the dark.
- Made up of durable and airy fabric for maximum comfort.
- 70 fl. oz. of water at your convenience whenever you need it.
- 70 fl. oz. = 2-liters
Food/Cooking Survival Gear
|Impact||Category||Rank||Item||Buy Now||Est Price|
|Extreme Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||975||High-Capacity Water Filter System||$120|
|Extreme Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||970||LifeStraw with Gravity Bag||$35|
|Extreme Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||910||Emergency Survival Water Pouches||$34|
|Extreme Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||902||Mojave Hydration Backpack||$35|
|Extreme Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||901||Collapsible 2 QT Water Canteen||$22|
|High Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||870||Long Grain White Rice||$59|
|High Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||725||Tundra Portable Wheeled Cooler||$450|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||350||Gatorade Powder Packets||$26|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||301||Gas/Electric Chest Freezer||$1650|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||250||YETI Rambler Half Gallon Jug||$100|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||214||6 Gallon Water Containers||$35|
|Low Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||50||Fishing Rod Storage||$22|
|Low Survival Impact||Survival Food/Cooking||26||Titanium Spork And Spoon||$17|
- 0 to 199 Lower Impact
- Lower Impact items may not have a direct impact on physical survival but play a part in psychological or quality of life when it comes to survival.
- 200 to 499 Moderate Impact
- Moderate Impact items can save your life, but may be more situational.
- 500 to 899 High Impact
- High Impact items will not only save your life, but will have a large impact on everyday life. Without these items your odds of survival fall.
- 900 to 1000 Extreme Impact
- Extreme Impact items are life and death. Without them you are dead. That death may be slow or fast, but you will die without them.