I’ve used my Rechargeable 520 Lumen Lithium Ion Waterproof LED Spotlight to do everything from spotting the trail head while driving through the mountains at night while looking for a buddies remote cabin to providing a spotlight while hiking through the rain on the Appalachian trail.
I normally keep my Spotlight in my garage so I can take it with me whenever I need to wander out into the night on unexpected trips. That means if a buddy calls me to go help him fix a broken down car at night or I just want to see how many deer are in my side yard, I know exactly where my Spotlight is.
I’ve taken my Spotlight out in the snow and rain, as well as out on the water when duck hunting. It is nice to be able to see what is in front of you while you are flying over the water in a Jon Boat trying to get to your hunting spot with enough time for the wildlife to forget you were there.
All in all, my Spotlight has served me well and I know it will when the zombie apocalypse starts as well. Guess what is going to go out the moment the apocalypse? That’s right, just about everything that is run on electricity, and I want to make sure that when I am popping the undead, I’m not unloading on my scared neighbors who came over in hopes of being saved.
- Delivers up to 520 lumens with 5W ultra-bright LED
- Submersible up to 6 feet and floats face up when dropped in water; Easier to spot if it goes overboard
- Rugged pistol-grip handle offers a convenient and comfortable grip; Allows easy handling while 50% smaller than the average spotlight
- Lithium Ion battery has runtime of up to 10 hours on lower settings; Should be charged at least every 60 days
- 120 volt AC and 12 volt DC charging adaptors allow you to recharge at home or inside a vehicle
I learned my lesson a long time ago about having Tire Chains in your vehicle when you are going out into the snow. I was fifteen or sixteen and we were heading into the Delaware Water Gap to hike with my Boy Scout Troop and we ended up parking the truck off in the woods, not exactly where we wanted to, but where we lost traction in about a foot of snow.
It snowed all weekend, and we ended up spending all day on Sunday getting that truck back to the trail.
I would have killed for a set of Tire Chains, but I was a kid and didn’t even know they existed back then, but the memory has always stuck with me, and now I keep a set of Tire Chains in my vehicle all winter long. (To be honest, they are always there because I pretty much forget about them until I need them.)
When it comes to going way off the main road, don’t do it without a set of
Tire Chains in your vehicle. When it comes to travelling in a winter storm or just making it to your cabin in the snow, plan ahead.
When it comes to the zombie apocalypse, just remember there aren’t going to be many plows out there clearing the way for you, so it is all up to you to plan ahead and survive.
- Easy to Install
- A split outside cable with two fastening positions allows for easy installation without moving the vehicle, so there’s no need to stop and retighten. The traction coils are manufactured from alloy steel to increase the lifespan of the product. The Super Z6 is also designed to prevent scratching of alloy or high performance tire rims
- The Super Z6 is available to fit passenger cars, pickups, and SUV tire sizes. It offers a unique combination of performance and convenience features for every user, including a “designed-in” rubber tightener, better all-around traction performance than conventional tire chains or cables, and greater durability.
- Designed for High Performance
- The Super Z6 has better compatibility with anti-lock brakes, traction control, all-wheel drive, and other electronically monitored control systems so as not to interfere with the normal handling characteristics of your vehicle. The unique design also offers a low potential for damage to vehicle body and mechanical components, even when abused.
- What’s in the Box
- Chains, plastic gloves, one pair of rubber tensioners, durable, re-usable nylon bag, and clear, illustrated step-by-step installation and removal instructions.
I like these Emergency 3600 Calorie Food Bars for a couple of reasons. The first is that they are relatively cheap, and I can buy a few when I need them. This means I can buy some for hiking or hunting trips, and if I lose them or just eat them because, quite honestly, these taste good, then I’m not super worried about it.
I wrap mine in a few paper towels, as I’ve learned that anything with a sharp edge can punch through the vacuum sealed package, and ruin what’s inside.
When it comes to those first few days of any emergency (regardless of whether its a hurricane or the zombie apocalypse), having a few Energy Bars could mean the difference between running out of steam and getting eaten, or making it to your Bolt Hole.
- Plastic cookie wrap
- Emergency food
- 3600 + calories per package
- 5 year shelf life
- Us coast guard approved
- Made in U.S.A.
Should I be embarrassed that this set of Winter Camo Overalls is just one of three that I own? I have this set for cold weather, a forest green set for late fall/early winter, and a set in black that I rarely wear but that I bought for a ski trip – because wearing camo on the mountain seemed counter productive if I needed to be rescued – which had a high probability.
I wear my Winter Overalls when I’m shoving and shooting clays, and of course when I’m hunting.
When it comes to survival however, my Winter Overalls are a must have when moving outside in the cold weather. What good is surviving the zombie apocalypse if you draw attention to yourself and get devoured after having survived getting away from the population centers?
Stay as concealed as possible and your chances of surviving go up.
- 100% Polyester Dobby ThermaLock
- 85 grams ThermaTech Insulation offers warmth in a lightweight, low bulk garment (keeps you warm at temperatures from -20° to +35°)
- Adjustable comfort suspenders for the perfect fit with elasticized side gussets for maximum motion
- 600 Denier Ballistic are used to reinforce the ankle, scuff and hem guards to hold up against daily wear and tear
- Boot Zippers for easy on and off, along with convenient O-ring for keys/gloves/lift tickets
- Boot Gaiters with Grippers form a seamless integration with boots to keep warmth in and moisture out
The real issue with Bulk Toilette Paper is space. Trust me when I say you want to stockpile Toilette Paper. When you can’t get to the store because of natural disasters (or the zombie apocalypse) the last thing you want to have to worry about is something as basic as Toilette Paper.
My wife thinks I’m strange because I buy Toilette Paper every time I go to the super store. I always have a spare package, but I can remember not having any TP in the house as kid. Once you have to collect napkins from fast food restaurants you will understand how important a stock pile of Toilette Paper really is.
- Rolled bathroom tissue for use in residential, office, commercial, and other facilities
- Embossed white tissue has two plies for strength and absorbency
- Roll contains 550 perforated sheets that measure 4 x 4.05 inches (W x L)
- Contains 100% recycled paper with a minimum of 20% post-consumer waste paper
- Complies with EPA CPG and EPA standards for recycled fiber content
When I first read about this CRKT Provoke Kinematic Knife I thought, okay, a little gimmicky, but it looks interesting. Then I got to hold one and flick it open with my thumb, and I didn’t care, I had to have one…
It is a different feel than my normal folding knives, but there is something about that downward flick of my thumb and the solid click of this knife locking open that just sings to my soul.
Is it going to replace my regular folder I carry everyday? Well, not every day, but do I thoroughly enjoy this knife, absolutely.
- Unique Kinematic innovation deploys the blade quickly with push of the thumb
- D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention; earth color Cerakote coating for enhanced corrosion resistance
- Cerakote is a polymer-ceramic composite that enhances resistance to tough conditions in the field and everyday carry uses
- Designed by Joe Caswell in Newbury Park, California
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, see company site for details
Buy one of these Personal 130 dB Emergency Protection Alarms for every loved on in your life. Then replace the batteries every year. Hopefully they will never need it, but if they do, it could mean the difference between life and death.
When the Zombie Apocalypse starts, this Personal Alarm has a critical feature that makes it serve two functions really well. The Rip Cord allows you to set these Alarms up as perimeter alarms. With some fishing line and this Alarm you can set up a safety net around your tent, cabin, or wherever you are sleeping or resting.
The second use for this is to create a zombie magnet. With two soda bottles and this Alarm you can make a simple timed alarm that will go off in a few minutes. Everything in earshot will come shambling towards the zombie magnet, and you can slip away, or use the diversion to get whatever you need done.
- 130 dB
- Rip Cord Activation
- LED Light
We are incredibly dependent on our devices. That includes everything from our phones to reading on our e-readers and other critical tech like GPS units. Everything needs power – and that means having a Solar Charger 25000mAh With 4 Solar Panels so you can recharge your gear on the fly.
I keep one with my hunting gear so no matter what happens out in the swamps while duck hunting I know I can charge my phone and GPS, and I keep it on a shelf over my bags so I can shove it in my bug out bag when the time comes.
I also discovered another great use for this Solar Charger while on a long road trip. I stuck this on top of the gear in the back of the vehicle and when we stopped for the night I had a battery pack to use all night long, as we were camping/road tripping and I didn’t want to run my vehicle batteries down.
- 25000mAh High Capacity: Built-in 25000mAh Li-polymer battery, it can charge your phones 8-10 times or tablets 3-4 times for an average of 9 days of usage per charge.
- 4 Solar Panels: With 4 foldable high-effeciency solar panels, up to 1A input current under the sunlight, which is 4 – 6 times faster than the other solar chargers. You can also use micro USB cable to charge it.
- Dual USB 2.1A Output: Dual 2.1A USB ports allow you to charge 2 devices simultaneously with 2.1A high speed charging. Auto-detect your devices’ current to pair the optimal output.
- Built for Outdoors: Rugged construction is dust, shock and waterproof; Built in LED flashlight with SOS mode, perfert for outdoor emergency.
- What You Get: Hiluckey 25000mAh Portable Solar Charger, a micro USB cable, User Manual; 12-Month Warranty and 30 days money back. Any question, please feel free to contact us first.
It is snowing outside all over the northwest as I write this and I always make sure I have this Vehicle Snow Shovel in my vehicle when the cold weather hits. My vehicle is a 4×4, but I still get plowed in or need to help get my kids cars free when the weather gets bad. Be prepared for whatever natures throws at you with these Vehicle Snow Shovels.
Salt is vital to long term survival. It is critical for the preservation of food, and once you are living off the land, it is a basic mineral your body needs.
The average person consumes 5 to 7 pounds of Salt per year in the United States. That means that each of these 10 Pound Salt Buckets is basically a one to two year supply per person. My guess is that once your using
Salt to preserve the wild game your hunting, that amount will go up. I’d plan for a minimum of two buckets per person to store at your bolt hole.
Don’t wait for the zombie apocalypse to start before you begin preserving your food. Learn to salt your game now so you are ready for the Apocalypse!!!
- FLAVOR – Real Salt is unlike any salt on earth. It’s subtly sweet, never bitter sea salt that makes every bite delicious. First try Real Salt, then try any other salt. The difference will amaze you!
- NATURAL – Unrefined, unprocessed and ancient sea salt with trace minerals and no additives. Natural sea salt just the way nature made it, with nothing added and nothing removed
- HEALTHY – Recommended by doctors! An ancient sea salt recommended by doctors and health professionals for its unique blend of trace minerals
- VARIETY – Variety of packaging, sizing, and salt grain size (powder, fine, kosher, coarse), suitable for different application and use. Convenient refill pouches and shakers, perfect for food storage, and excellent for travel. Makes a practical and memorable gift for an individual or a whole family
- MINED IN USA – Mined in Utah since 1958 from an ancient seabed protected from modern pollution. Compared to Himalayan, Celtic, Tibetan, Malaysian, French, Hawaiian, Irish, and Marine Sea Salts, Real Salt means fewer food miles, ethical labor standards, and sustainable practices along with its addictive sweet-salt taste. The only American Pink and Black Salt.