What Trump and Cindy Hyde-Smith want the Republican Party to be is disgusting and destructive.
We need to take back the Republican Party and follow a straight forward set of principles. The message should be clear and simple, and it has nothing to do with racism.
- Fiscal conservatism – we don’t spend money we don’t have. If it is worth doing, it is worth prioritizing.
- 1st Amendment – we support gun rights. At the same time things have to change. Gun laws should not be managed at the state level, it makes no sense. Gun laws should be managed at the federal level. There should be a national gun registry and the police should be able to see if the house they are pulling up to, or the car they pulled over, is owned by a gun owner. Support our boys in blue, give them the tools they need to be safer out on the street.
- National voting system – the voting management system should be protected from external influence, and the only way to do that is at the national level. States just don’t have the ability to mange this or fund it. I should be able to vote online with a national voter key, and it will show me my state level options based on my registration. But one system, managed by the federal government.
- Taxes – income is income. It makes no sense that a banker pays one rate while a carpenter pays twice (or more) because his income was from labor. The tax code needs to be simplified, and those with more have to pay more – because they get more from the system. End of story.
- Healthcare – its a right, not a privilege. We need a national healthcare program. I don’t care if there are private insurances as well, but a national system is a must in this day and age, and yes, taxes will pay for it. End of story.
I don’t care who you love or who you have sex with as long as everyone is a consenting adult. I don’t care what gender you are or what gender you were born with. I care about my country and making sure that people like Trump and Cindy Hyde-Smith are driven out of the Republican Party.
Let me start by saying that I have guns, more than my SO would like me to have.
I like to shoot clays and go to the handgun and rifle range for target practice.
I enjoy taking new shooters to the range to get them into the hobby.
Okay – now that this it out of the way – Trump is a complete idiot. A complete insensitive idiot.
The response to a horrible event like what happened in Pittsburgh isn’t to blame the victims. He suggest its really their fault by claiming their lack of having an armed guard – AT A CHURCH SERVICE!!!!! – is to blame for these people dying.
Trump is a complete and utter disgrace to this country.
The solution to gun violence is not more guns.
The solution to gun violence is a single, federal gun registry. Every gun, every person. Law enforcement should not have to guess if you have a weapon when they show up to a house for a domestic disturbance.
Guns are a privilege – and there should be very strict consequences around that privilege. Pass an amendment to the constitution. Behind on your taxes? All your weapons are forfeit. Get a driving while under the influence ticket (alcohol, drugs, I don’t care) you lose your federal firearms ID for ten years. End of story. Post violent messages online? There should be a court to arbitrate and assess the risk – and those who are deemed to be questionable should have their gun rights removed.
We can manage this issue – but not by putting our heads in the sand and demonizing every effort to save our country from the scourge of gun violence.
Save our nation – vote out anyone who supports Trump.
I love my guns.
I like to go to the range on a regular basis.
I also believe that there has to be reasonable gun controls and mechanisms to protect our police.
Trump on the other hand doesn’t think reasonable gun control can help fix the problem, and his team uses the same old bullshit. If the fix doesn’t work 100%, then it’s not worth doing it.
I’m not an asshat so I don’t go for that type of “all or nothing” approach.
Things that need to happen:
- Federal firearms register. Every gun, every person. My family who are in law enforcement shouldn’t have to wonder if the house they are rolling up on has firearms when they get called for domestic abuse or any other call. Having a register would mean that you can take someones rights away if they violate specific laws like stalking, domestic abuse, or reckless endangerment.
- Federal laws. This state to state bullshit is a joke. My buddies across the state can walk into a store and buy whatever they want. I have to wait six months to buy a handgun – even though I already own a dozen. It makes no sense and doesn’t really make a difference. Make it federal, and make it make sense. If I have a handgun and have owned it for over a year I should not need a permit (and be forced to wait) for every subsequent handgun. I’m clearly a collector and like to own different weapons.
- Strict enforcement and follow up. You can walk into any police station and surrender a gun you no longer want. But every transfer has to be done. It can be done online with a simple form. But violating it means you lose your rights to own a weapon. End of story.
Save our nation from the bastards that have taken over. Save our kids.
People scare me. I’ve seen people buying guns who clearly have no training and maybe no brains. Guns are dangerous and there should be mandatory training and handling classes before people can buy them.
Maybe then I wouldn’t see images of people treating firearms like toys…
Trump buys into the nonsense that there is no way to stop the school shootings, and because there is no 100% solution, we shouldn’t do anything.
I love shooting. I really like my firearms collection.
I also believe that sensible gun control and a federal database makes sense.
Help us save lives, tell your members of congress you will vote them out unless they vote for gun control.
I enjoy shooting clays and going to the range.
I have a nice collection of firearms. I am believe in the 2nd amendment.
I don’t believe that all gun control is bad.
Assault rifles should be banned.
A national database should exist of every gun and who owns it. I have family members in law enforcement. They shouldn’t have to guess if you have a shotgun when they walk up to your door because of a domestic violence call.
I don’t see any reason why you need an assault rifle or clips with more than fifteen rounds.
There is a way to moderate how easy it is to get a weapon, and how easy it is to track after it leaves the manufacturer. Some gun owners will tell you these measures wouldn’t have stopped this crime or that crime. And they are right. But just because something is not 100% effective does not mean you don’t try.
Trump on the other hand wants to make schools into fortresses and arm the teachers. It is a silly and asinine solution to this problem.trump
This is what Trump’s Republican Party has come to, attacking the survivors of a school shooting and telling them they should learn CPR instead of “relying on someone else to fix their problems” before going on to say they should do something useful like learn CPR.
Because when someone’s spleen is on the floor and bullets are flying overhead, CPR is going to help so much.
Vote out anyone who is anti gun control.
We can enjoy shooting and still keep our kids safe.
Trump had multiple medical deferrals from Vietnam.
He was rich and privileged, and now he has the gall to say he’d run in where another didn’t.
Save our country, vote out anyone who supports this coward in November.
I’ve held off on commenting about the recent Parkland school shooting.
Partially out of respect, but mostly out of frustration.
I enjoy shooting. I enjoy firearms. I am also not a single issue voter who believes that the government is coming for us if I don’t have enough firepower in my closet.
Our children should not have to worry about getting shot in school.
The arguments that Trump and others make are stupid. They say the only way to stop this is to have armed adults there to counteract the threat, that not having them there makes schools targets. It is such a crock of bull. There was an armed resource officer at the school. Him being there didn’t dissuade the shooter.
Do I believe that all guns should be taken away.
Do I believe assault weapons and high powered rifles should be banned. Yes.
There is no reason for a normal person to have a 50 caliber rifle or an AR. Sorry, there just isn’t. You can hunt just find without one.
There is no reason that there shouldn’t be a gun registry. I’d trade an instant check system at the federal level for what we have no state by state any day. Cops should know when they pull you over if you have a firearm before you tell them. Cops should know when they are responding to domestic violence calls that there are guns in the house before they show up.
Being reasonable doesn’t mean they will do away with the second amendment. But it is a step towards stopping gun violence.
I love to shoot.
I like to go to the range. I love going to shoot clays.
I also believe we have a duty to our children and our society to try and do something to stop mass killings.
Let’s start with a universal database. Law enforcement should be able to know when they pull up with a warrant or get called to a domestic abuse case, if the owner of the home has firearms.
This will help save Police Officers lives.
Then we need to change state laws and level set at the federal level. The crazy state by state differences are insane. One set of universal rules.
Get a DUI, you lose your right to own a gun for a year. Everything you have has to be sold or given to an FFL for a storage fee. You broke the law, now pay for it.
Get admitted to a Psyche unit against your will. You lose your right to own a gun until you get sign off by a mental health professional.
Gun control doesn’t mean they are coming for our guns. Gun control can save lives. We need to get over the attitude that the NRA has pushed that any compromise, no matter how logical, is a step to losing our rights to bear arms.