Fear the Walking Dead, Season 2
Episode 12, Pillar Of Salt
Pillar Of Salt starts with a family escaping the colony. They slip out a broken gap in the wall before making it to the bus. The father spikes one of the undead in the head to get some camo juice to hide his small family. Things don’t go well and he gets his family picked up by the bandits – who just want to know if he has any oxy.
When we come back from commercial we are treated to a montage of progress moments as each little group improves their living conditions – as well as a flashback of Ofelia being proposed to when she goes back to the cafe where it happened.
While Alicia is trying to learn how to surf Madison is working on getting the generator going which leads to ice in their drinks again.
In the colony Nick & Luciana are woken up when one of the colonies guards realizes the little family from the episodes opening is missing. Nick of course offers to go to look for the family but Alejandro doesn’t want to risk anyone else leaving. He is trying to hold onto his colony too tightly and it appears that cracks are forming in the community and people are fleeing.
Nick wants to go against Alejandro’s wishes and deliver the next batch of oxy to the bandits. He knows if he tells Luciana she will rat on him so he keeps his mouth shut. He thinks he needs to keep the oxy flowing to keep the colony safe – but its already too late. While he’s out walking he see’s someone watching him.
The bandits have found the colony.
At the hotel Strand, Madison, and Alicia are planning on how to get and ration gas for the hotel’s generator when someone knocks on the door. When Strand opens it he gets a knife in his gut. The brides mom is mad that he took care of her zombified daughter. This kicks off a scavenging trip to find meds & a suture kit.
As Madison & Elena go to search for the meds we see the beginning of where the stories will start to converge. Elena has a brother who is with the bandits, which is exactly where they are going to get some meds.
While they are inside trading fish & ice for the meds they need to help Strand they overhear the bandits questing the family. Elena tells Madison that they are talking about an American who brings the oxy and she knows immediately they are talking about Nick.
While Madison & Elena are working on getting the needed medical supplies Strand is looking pretty rough.
When Madison gets back with the meds she turns on the generator – thinking that Nick will come running. This causes a rift between Alicia & Madison as Alicia suddenly feels like she isn’t enough for her mother. Before the lights to the hotel go out we see Travis in the distance, staring at the lights.
Things I loved about this episode…
- The Zombie Hammer Kill
- The overhead zombie shot when the family is escaping the colony.
- Strand telling them they should not run the power at night – “No need to advertise.”
- Luciana telling Nick she is the boss angrily, then biting/kissing him.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- They just lock crazy stabbin mommy up? Put her out or put her down.
- Nick Clark – Starts the season off by finding his girlfriend turned into a walker in a church. Has a addition problem.
- Alicia Clark – Nick’s sister. Has already lost her boyfriend to the virus.
- Madison Clark – Mother to Nick and Alicia. She worked at the high school where she met Travis Manawa, her boyfriend.
- Travis Manawa – School teacher and Madison’s love interest.
- Chris Manawa – Travis’s son.
- Daniel Salazar – The Barber who shelters Team Travis in Episode 2.
- Ofelia Salazar – The Barber’s cute daughter.
- Strand – The Instigator who Nick met in the detention center in S1, Episode 5.
- Thomas – Strand’s significant other.
- Celia – Thomas & Louis’s mother.
- Jack the Radio Dude – Alicia’s radio boyfriend.
- Connor – Jack’s boss and the leader of the boat pirates.
- Louis – Strand’s friend. The one who was going to get Strand into Mexico.
- Alex – Female from flight 462 plane shorts.
- Luciana – Female who ends up helping Nick in S2, Episode 8.
- Alejandro – the leader & Pharmacist who runs the colony.
- Elena – manager at the Hotel who the other guests blame for locking them in.
- Antonio – Elena’s sister who is with the Bandits.