La Dame de Fer (The Iron Lady) picks up just were Paris Sera Toujours Paris left us in a cliffhanger. At the end of Paris Sera Toujours Paris we saw Daryl fall through a roof. Where did he fall? Apparently into the catacombs under the city. La Dame de Fer picks up with Daryl at a gate. Who is on the other side? No one other than Laurent! How did the kid get into the catacombs with Daryl? Don’t worry about silly plot and continuity issues like that!
The good news is that Daryl kicks a lot of Zombie Ass in this episode. That is always a good thing.
La Dame de Fer Scoring
The episode’s main goal is to show that Laurent is special. Daryl needed to see that to give him a reason to continue on as Laurent’s guardian right? The lack of any explanation of how Daryl ends up in the water cost this episode some points. On the other hand, the Zombie horde at the Eiffel Tower made up for a lot.
- Daryl has the moves when he wants to kill something. Always good to see him go full Badass.
- Daryl know how to use a flail. It might just be the perfect weapon for the ZA. It has reach and can easily crush skulls.
- I loved how Daryl delt with their prisoner. In the real world I can’t see anyone being nice to a prisoner standing between you and your objective.
- Not a lot of continuity between Episode 3’s ending and where Episode 4 picks up.
- Laurents plot armor when he is surrounded by the undead.
- How did Daryll and Laurent end up in the catacombs? Don’t worry about that.
- How did Daryl end up in the water? Don’t worry about that either.
- If Laurent can stand in a horde in the catacombs and not get bit, why do the zombies at the Eiffel Tower not ignore him in the same way?
|Paris Sera Toujours Paris
|La Dame de Fer