Episode 4, Killer Within
There is someone trolling at the prison. The episode starts with him luring walkers in with a dead deer and then breaking a chain holding a gate shut.
The two remaining convicts want to “join” the main group, but Rick is against it. My brother believes that Rick is slowly turning into Shane, but I’m not sure. I’d like to believe he’ll never get that bad.
Then the fun starts. Whoever is stalking the prison orchestrates all hell breaking loose.
Maggie of course goes into labor during all of this. Carl is a true stoic, taking everything in stride. The birth scene was brutal. My summary on that is poor Carl.
Things I loved about this episode…
- Glenn and Maggie in the guard tower. Nothing like getting caught doing the deed.
- Michonne putting the little bits together about what is going on in the governor’s compound. My only problem is that she goads him on. There is a time to keep your mouth shut and just walk.
- Carl making eyes at Hershel’s younger daughter. I hope the young love doesn’t turn into tragedy.
- Carl kicking ass when the walkers get in.
- When the stalker sets off the speakers, pulling all the walkers in.
- T-Dogg saving Carol at the end.
- The prisoner shooting the stalker who turned out to be another prisoner.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Hershell using crutches. Wasn’t it just Sunday Rick hacked his leg off with a hatchet?
- God dammit, T-Dogg gets bit.
- And worse than T-Dogg getting bitt, the Al’s Car Lot commercial. I don’t know why, but it makes me want to put a screwdriver on the table and drive my head down into it.
- Andrea giving Merle directions to the farm. Come on, do you really think he doesn’t care about revenge for being left behind and having to cut his own hand off.
- Carl should have freaked when Maggie said, let’s take your pants off to Lori. And the kid is way to calm watching his mom squeeze a baby from her crotch.
- Andrea deciding to stay. You think she might listen to the women who kept her alive.
- Lori dying in childbirth. That just sucked.
- Does the prison have formula? Who the hell is going to feed the baby?