Episode 6, Hounded
The sixth episode of the season opens Merle and several other of the governor’s men hunting Michonne.
Meanwhile at the prison, Rick picks up the phone and talks to a mysterious girl. The girl seems to offer safety and security, but I’m not sure if it is all in Rick’s head or if it is real. I’m afraid it is all in his head. I’m not going to believe it’s real until someone else hears the phone ring.
While it would be easy to think the name of the episode “Hounded” is about Michonne being hunted, I think it is more about Rick’s subconscious torturing him. Yep, that is exactly what it is. It costs the episode a point on the quality scale.
The twist in episode six is that Merge gets a hold of Glenn and Maggie while Michonne ends up at the prison with the baby formula that the two of them were supposed to be scavenging for.
Things I loved about this episode…
- The “Go Back” bitergram that Michonne leaves for Merle and the other guys tracking her. Arms in the shape of the “G”, legs making the “O”, and then a torso on its stomach for the back. Just awesome.
- Michonne kicking some ass. She takes out 50% of Merle’s team with a few quick swipes of her sword. She does take a shot to the thigh, but we’ll have to see how bad it is. Turns out it is not too bad. She had strength enough to ambush Merle and his surviving partner again.
- Daryl telling Carl about hos he lost his mom. It was sad and touching at the same time.
- Merle shooting his surviving partner. It sounds strange, but I like the fact that he is true to himself.
- Michonne is bloody hurt, but the walkers move on by. I think it is the first time she realizes she can mask herself with the smell of other walkers.
- The governor and Andrea talking. He is starting to lose it I think, which is very well played.
- Andrea might be a slut (she slept with Shane as well as the Governor) but she does have nice legs.
- Carol is alive!!! They buried her scarf, not her!!! It was nice to have a bit of happiness in episode six.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Andrea going over the wall and stabbing a walker. Why would you put yourself at risk when you could kill it from a distance with a bow.
- Rick losing it in the mechanical room with the phone. If it is all in his head I’ll be pissed. I like Rick, I don’t want him to go nuts. (and yes, it is all in his head we find out later in the episode)
- Oh crap, Merle meets Glenn and Maggie. You should have just shot him Glenn.
- Bad security measures. Come on guys, when the prisoner, Daryl, and Carl and exploring they get “surprised” and use way too much force to kill the one walker. Maybe you should keep one person in the hall as a guard at all times?