Episode 7 – Goodbye Blue Sky
The episode opens with several of the ex raiders out in the badlands when the sky opens up and starts raining fireballs. Sukar, the big Irathient is wounded and Irisa see’s him in a vision.
Irisa, also known as “Little Wolf” heads out with Nolan to find Sukar, but he appears to have already been killed. But during what I think was supposed to be a death ceremony he gets back up and starts a religious quest.
Meanwhile, back in town the retired mayor Nicky has showed up at the McCawley house, looking for henchman, and whatever the miners found under the town.
While the storm is pounding the town and Sukar is ransacking the town Kenya is bonding with Stahma Tarr, telling her that Christie really wouldn’t want Alak Tarr to be with a prostitute.
As all this is going down Sukar is apparently building a homing beacon to bring down a huge piece of space debris onto Defiance. Nolan ends up killing Sukar only to find out that the big Irathient was being used to deflect the space debris, not bring it down on the town. Needless to say, Irisa is not very happy with Nolan.
Things I loved about this episode…
- Stahma Tarr going to the whore house to get training for her son and ends up getting it on with Kenya.
- Sukar rising from the bathtub of boiling liquid.
- The razor rain. It reminded me of the Thread rain from the Pern books.
- Irisa – she’s the hottest alien ever.
- Kenya and Stahma getting it on. Very hot.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Nolan and Irisa getting at each others throats.
- Sukar is left with a severed spine and its not clear if he is alive or dead at the end of the episode after the nannytes shut down.