I love action movies. I’ve been accused of liking some really bad action movies in the past, and I have to say, guilty as charged. I enjoy a good faced paced movie that is true to itself. It can be a bit off the wall and bend the laws of physics, just as long as it is consistent and true to its own rules.
Jack Reacher starts out strong and has a well built plot “twist”. There is a multiple shooting, the question is, who was the real target? Such a great set up for a movie. What brought it down?
I feel a little bad saying this, but I felt like Tom Cruise was a bit off in this film. It was almost like he was puffing up his chest every time he said a tough guy line. It just felt forced and corny.
- Great plot.
- Werner Herzog as “The Zec”. His performance was chilling as the lifelong survivor.
- Well built story with a good twist.
- Robert Duvall, every scene he is in is better because of it.
- Some of the dialogue was just bad, really bad. Cringe worthy bad.
- The bite your finger off scene. I felt like it was over the top.
- The bathroom scene where the two bad guys get the drop on Jack and suddenly turn into the keystone cops. Really?
- In the final fight scene Jack Reacher goes to the gunfight with nothing but a knife?