Episode 11 – Alpha Pact
Episode 11 kicks off with Stiles slapping the shit out of Derek to wake him up. Everything has fallen apart. Derek, Isaac, and the Argents get away before the police show up, but Isaac is pissed at Derek for failing as an alpha.
Stiles is sad and despondent, but Mr. Argent pulls him out of it. He needs both Stiles and Allison if they are going to find Melissa and the Sheriff.
Mr. Argent leads Allison and Isaac back to the bank vault only to pull a double cross on them. He handcuffs Allison and shocks Isaac just in time to offer himself to Ms. Blake. What the hell? Mr. Argent sets it up for Isaac and Allison to hug each other in despair. Come on, you belong to Scott!!!
The loss of Mr. Argent pushes Stiles over the edge, which leads to Lydia forcing Stiles to hold his breath. Stiles tells Lydia that she is smart, but he really wants to kiss her again. In the process she tells him that if she were smart, she’d be sending him to the guidance counselor. This triggers a run to the office (not sure why) and Stiles gets the kick to look at Lydia’s notebook full of drawings and realize the tree isn’t a tree after all.
Out in the woods the Alpha pack is hunting Ms. Morell, presumably because she knows where Ms. Blake is. They chase her down, and after Deucalion puts his spear cane into her Scott gets to her before the other wolves can rip her to pieces. But I’m not sure why, since she didn’t know where his mom was.
The vet has a potential solution though. If Scott and the others are willing to take their parent’s places as sacrifices and die, Dr. Deaton should be able to bring them back. They will find Ms. Blake, but they will also give her power, and give the tree back its life, and in the process pull other bad things from the supernatural world to the town.
Stiles, Scott, and Allison all agree to “die” temporarily so that they can replace the sacrifices of their parents?
OMG, can they just make this season less confusing?
Things I loved about this episode…
- Stiles – “Can you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid?”
- Watching the Argent’s unpacking their arsenal. Yay guns.
- Stiles finally gets to kiss Lydia.
- Stiles talking to the FBI guy. Only Stiles can talk in circles so well.
- Ms. Morell throwing a perfect circle of wolfsbane around her when the alpha pack runs her down.
- Holy f*ck, Scott’s dad is the FBI agent!!!
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- Mr. Argent letting himself be taken. What if Mrs. Blake had slaughtered Isaac and Allison before taking him away? And how did Mr. Argent know she wasn’t going to just kill them all once he had the threesome?
- Poor Stiles having a panic attack.
- Allison goes into a tank of ice cold water in a nighty and no high beams?