So what did he do wrong? He puts his finger on the trigger while he’s not pointing downrange. If that building had a concrete or steel roof that round could have ricocheted and hurt someone.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Know your target and what is beyond.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate.
- Never use alcohol, over-the-counter drugs or prescription drugs before or while shooting.
- Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.