I love this UPF 50+ Sun Bandana because it keeps the sun off the back of my neck. When I can’t or don’t want to wear a Sun Protection Shirt Hoodie this UPF 50+ Sun Bandana is the perfect addition to any outside outfit.
I keep a Sun Bandana in my pocket when I’m hiking. When the sun comes up I wear wrap my Sun Bandana around my neck so I don’t end up with a burn on the back of my neck after a long day’s hiking. There is not quicker way to ruin a trip than being burnt and uncomfortable.
This Sun Bandana is also perfect for napping. I drape it over my eyes and face to not just block out the light, but also to keep me from burning.
When it comes to surviving in warm weather I prefer a multi layered strategy. Suntan lotion is great, but it wear out. There is also the risk that in a prolonged natural disaster or even just a long hiking trip, you won’t be able to resupply. Having backup sun protection that doesn’t wear off is critical to warm weather survival.
UPF 50+ Sun Bandana Scoring
When it comes to protecting yourself from the elements, this UPF 50+ Sun Bandana is just what you need regardless of the season. Sure, the summer sun may be the more obvious threat, but if you are hiking cross country in the winter, the sun is still just as dangerous. Because this Sun Bandana can improve your survival based on the situation, it is scoring a 405/1000.
- UPF 50+
- Blocks 98% of UVA/UVB rays
- Engineered for cutting-edge performance and comfort.
- Cooltect technology accelerates moisture wicking for a cooler experience.
- Soft, lightweight, and breathable.
- Moisture wicking and quick dry to keep you active all day.
- Protection infused at the fiber level helps eliminate odor.
- 24 inches X 24 inches.
- Machine wash, tumble dry.
- Not chlorine and salt water resistant or water repellent.
|Impact||Category||Rank||Item||Buy Now||Est Price|
|High Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||805||Columbia Watertight Jacket||$50|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||470||Tundra Ballistic Bib Overall||$40|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||410||Cooling UPF 50 Bucket Hat||$20|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||405||UPF 50+ Sun Bandana||$20|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||400||Leather Work Gloves||$27|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||305||BDU/ACU Cargo Pants||$45|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||255||Evaporative Cooling Towel||$8|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||225||UPF 50+ Sun Protection Hoodie||$27|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||205||Snake Gaiters||$32|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||200||UPF 50+ Fishing Gloves||$12|
|Low Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||190||Hiking Shorts||$50|
- 0 to 199 Lower Impact
- Lower Impact items may not have a direct impact on physical survival but play a part in psychological or quality of life when it comes to survival.
- 200 to 499 Moderate Impact
- Moderate Impact items can save your life, but may be more situational.
- 500 to 899 High Impact
- High Impact items will not only save your life, but will have a large impact on everyday life. Without these items your odds of survival fall.
- 900 to 1000 Extreme Impact
- Extreme Impact items are life and death. Without them you are dead. That death may be slow or fast, but you will die without them.