If you are like me and like to spend time out on the water these UPF 50+ Fishing Gloves are a critical piece of gear. When the fish are biting and the drinks are flowing it is easy to lose track of the last time you put on suntan lotion. All while you are standing in the blazing sun.
I’ve had sunburn on my hands twice in my life, and both times it made me miserable. The first time was in Mexico after a long fishing trip with friends. It ruined the rest of the trip. Even moving my fingers to eat or drink something was painful. The sun blisters weren’t pretty either.
The second time was in Asia. I thought spending my day off fishing would be a great experience (which it was) but it also meant that the last week of my trip was hell. I had to wear long sleeve shirts in the office, and the hems would rub against the back of my burnt hands. Pure torture.
UPF 50+ Fishing Gloves Scoring
If you plan on spending any real time out on the water, I highly recommend these UPF 50+ Fingerless Fishing Gloves. There are four seasons where I live, making these Fishing Gloves a critical, but seasonal part of my gear. Because of this, they are scoring a 200/100.
- Pull On closure
- Certified UPF 50+.
- Protect skin form sunburn, and skin aging.
- Ultra-Comfortable Ice Elastic Breathable Fabric.
- Efficient 3/4 Finger Length.
|Impact||Category||Rank||Item||Buy Now||Est Price|
|High Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||805||Columbia Watertight Jacket||$50|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||470||Tundra Ballistic Bib Overall||$40|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||410||Cooling UPF 50 Bucket Hat||$20|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||405||UPF 50+ Sun Bandana||$20|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||400||Leather Work Gloves||$27|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||305||BDU/ACU Cargo Pants||$45|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||255||Evaporative Cooling Towel||$8|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||225||UPF 50+ Sun Protection Hoodie||$27|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||205||Snake Gaiters||$32|
|Moderate Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||200||UPF 50+ Fishing Gloves||$12|
|Low Survival Impact||Survival Clothing||190||Hiking Shorts||$50|
- 0 to 199 Lower Impact
- Lower Impact items may not have a direct impact on physical survival but play a part in psychological or quality of life when it comes to survival.
- 200 to 499 Moderate Impact
- Moderate Impact items can save your life, but may be more situational.
- 500 to 899 High Impact
- High Impact items will not only save your life, but will have a large impact on everyday life. Without these items your odds of survival fall.
- 900 to 1000 Extreme Impact
- Extreme Impact items are life and death. Without them you are dead. That death may be slow or fast, but you will die without them.