Dance of the Dead (3 Out of 5 Graves)
I picked this up on the discount rack and set it aside for a Friday night movie with my two older boys. They have a habit of groaning whenever I pick movies, but I tricked them by giving them the choice between this and “Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same”. The picked the zombie movie.
Needless to say, with my long history of movie picking skills expectations were not quite that high, but this movie helped redeem myself just a little. It was a solid entry in the genre of “campy zombie” flick. Some of the other reviews compared it to Zombieland, which its not even close to, but still, it was fun to watch.
- Well done special effects.
- An actual story! There was an actual plot to follow.
- The dancing/music bit wasn’t overdone. It was just right.
- Zombie frogs, need I say more?
- The gun toting C4 packing gym teacher. I think I had him in high school actually.
- The dork gets to kiss the hottie.
- The other members of the sci fi club look like they might be getting lucky.
- The hottie was already bitten and bites his tongue off as the dork is kissing her.
Overall a very decent movie in the genre and well worth watching if you like campy zombie flicks. And at the bargain price of six bucks, it was doubly worth watching.