Bring on the sh*t storm. This was not the best movie ever made. It was a good movie, a funny movie, but it may have been a bit over-hyped, which set my expectations too high.
There are spoilers below, so if you haven’t seen the movie, you may want to wait. You’ve been warned.
- Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz make an awesome team. They are both great actors who bring life to every scene they are in.
- If you like brutal violence tamed with a bit of humor, this movie will keep you happy.
- The action is done well and is entertaining, there are only a few places when it crosses the border into silly.
- The love story is actually quite touching between Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington.
- Christoph Waltz’s Dr. King is supposed to be a hardened bounty hunter, a killer capable of killing men in cold blood (as long as he had a flyer with their picture on it in his pocket) and then put the bodies in his wagon for delivery to the law. But he see’s one person ripped to pieces by a dog and he starts getting flash backs and a suicidal need for vengeance. I’m sorry, but I think Dr. King would have shaken Calvin Candie’s hand and then come back some dark night and put a bullet in him. The way he through his life away felt silly.
- The gunfight after Dr. King blows away Calvin was awesome to watch, but just a little over the top. I love airsoft, and it just irks me how people are in the open and rounds keep missing them.
- OMG, was that Jamie’s junk?
- Quentin Tarantino’s cameo was really bad. Worst fake Australian accent ever.