A kicks off with a flashback to the prison, then cuts back now and then to Hershel showing Rick how to domesticate animals and raise crops. Hershel tells Rick he needs to pull Carl back, away from the violence if he is going to be saved.
Back in “current time” Rick, Carl, and Michonne are out in the woods and apparently starving. They are at the camp we saw Daryl and the Maruaders at. (The Marauders want Rick for the man he killed in the bathroom.) Just after Rick and team find some lunch they hear someone screaming, surrounded by walkers. Carl wanted to help, but Rick pulls him back. They don’t have the ammo or the strength to save the pour soul. Team Rick runs back out to the tracks but finds themselves surrounded. Walkers ahead, walkers behind…
Team Rick clear the tracks real quick and move away from the larger band of walkers behind them. They are still hungry, even after they eat the rabbit, but at least they found an SUV to sleep in. The question is, when do the Marauders catch up and what does Daryl do? He better kick some *ss for and save Rick.
And then the marauders sneak up and take Rich & Michonne at gunpoint – but Carl is still in the SUV.
Just when you think Rick is going to go down Daryl offers himself up in exchange for Rick’s life. The good old boys go to town on Daryl as Rick tries to talk the Marauder out of it. Things go a little crazy then and Rick shows everyone why you don’t mess with him.
Unfortunately after Rick saves everyone I think there is a bit of post traumatic stress. Rick looks like hell. He is covered in blood but Daryl gives him some rags to clean up before he tells Rick about Beth. Daryl feels bad, but Rick tells him they are brothers, and the only thing that matters is that they are back together as a team.
After a short time watching over Terminus Team Rick jumps the back fence and sneaks inside. A creepy female is broadcasting a message of safety as Rick & Team barge in. Gareth greets them and there are some short introduction. Gareth tries to be friendly, but he wants everyone to put down their weapons. There is a pause and then Rick & Team put down their guns.
Gareth tells them they are “good” people and then they let them keep their guns. Rick sees Hershel’s watch, Maggie’s pack?, and Glenn’s riot gear, and pulls his gun, taking one of the Termini People hostage.
The Termini People are lying, they don’t want to say where they got the stuff. Rick & Team run but the Termini People ahve too much fire power and too many people. Rick & Team are being herded, and that can’t be good. As they run we see piles of bones behind a fence and hear people banging on cargo containers.
Rick & Team get herded right into an ambush. Guns everywhere. They are screwed.
My current theory is that the people of Terminus are keeping prisoners as meat. You don’t spoil until after you are dead. So if they keep you alive, you will last longer. Let’s see how it plays out.
Team Rick puts down their guns and Gareth tells them all to get in the train car one at a time. Then the door is shut and Team Rick is in the dark. Glenn, Maggie, and other are in the train car.
Things I loved about this episode…
- Daryl coming out of the darkness and telling the Marauders to hold up, not to kill Rick, Michonne, and Carl.
- Rick taking a chunk of flesh out of the lead Marauders throat with his teeth. That was totally BA.
- Hershel telling Rick he needs to change things to save Carl. (In the flashback)
- Rick telling Daryl that they are brothers.
- Michonne talking to Carl after the violence with the Marauders and telling him that its okay, he doesn’t have to be afraid of his father. It was a touching Michonne moment – even if Carl ruined it by saying he was a monster too. Which I think means he identifies with his fathers violence?
- The contrast between the two kids as Carl cleans guns and the other kid plays with Legos in the flashback – proving Hershel’s point from earlier. I also love the fact that Rick says the same thing to Carl about no needing the guns as Hershel said to him.
Things that I didn’t like about this episode…
- The marauders gun is way to clean.
- Why in the hell would Daryl think the monsters he’s with would ever trade his life for Rick’s and put down his weapon. Just dumb.
- I miss Hershel.
- Rick when they reach the overlook above Terminus. “Spread out but stay close.” What?
- Carl’s hair.
- Why the hell would Rick and his whole team go in at once? Let Rick go in or Daryl and and wait and see what happens. Make sure everything is okay first.
Watch Season 1 Instantly:
Watch Season 2 Instantly:
Watch Season 3 Instantly: